Friday 1 January 2016

Day one.

So, it's 1 January. Already.

The idea behind this whole blog is that I'll be using it to share with you, the world, and probably my mum, my everyday thoughts, annoyances, and baking escapades.

This could go either very well indeed or fizzle out in February, because
  1. My everyday thoughts are theoretically already recorded every day in a journal I started last 1 January. I put said journal down in a Sensible Place in March and didn't find it again till early June (which hopefully won't happen with a website), but I did then atone for this by writing every day for three months solid
  2. My everyday annoyances - Achilles' heels, one might say - tend to become very rambly very fast. There's always Feynman's idea about how writing down problems helps solve them, but I think he was talking about, like. Quantum mechanics, and stuff
  3. My baking escapades - I am a terrific comfort zoner in baking. I started a year ago and I've made the same chocolate brownies recipe maybe four times?

Anyway, a few goals for 2016:
  • Audition for at least two shows: I'm big on amdram and it'd be great to keep this up
  • Read at least 40 new books: 52 would be great but I might die
  • Work on decorating cakes: I am atrocious. I have decorated one cake, ever (this year's Christmas cake) and it took me about seven hours and I used almost a kilogram of icing sugar and I think there's still some in my hair a week later
I'd also like to post here at least once a week - if nothing else, it might help me keep track of what books I've read. I tried this 52 books thing last year but forgot to write them down and have genuinely no idea how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment